Application period expired on February 10!
We are looking for highly motivated PhD students and postdocs who are interested in multidisciplinary research and want to join our collaborative network of nanoscientists. The 5 PhD positions and 2 postdoc positions offer excellent research conditions and multidisciplinary education within the stimulating scientific environment of the Center for NanoScience, the Nanosystems Initiative Munich (NIM), and the Collaborative Research Centers SFB 863 and SFB1032. You can join CeNS as a doctoral student or postdoc by applying for one of the positions listed below via our online application tool.
All candidates have to apply via our online application tool. Other forms of application will not be accepted. Please note that incomplete applications and applications which have not been submitted by February 10, 2015 will not be considered.
Timeline for the application round 2015:
- February 10th: Deadline for online applications and recommendation letters
- February 20th onwards: Skype interviews
- February 26th onwards: Invitations to interviews in Munich
- Mid-April: Interview workshop in Munich
- April 2015: Final decisions
- June-October 2015: Start of PhD or postdoc (depending on the individual projects)
In order to apply online, you have to register first. You will then be able to enter your applications details.
PhD and postdoc projects
In your application, you have to select one PhD or postdoc project that you are interested in. The available projects are listed below on this website.
Letters of recommendation
For your application, two letters of recommendation (to be submitted via the online application tool) are required. Recommendation letters and online applications have to be submitted by February 10, 2015!
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in either the field of physics, chemistry or life sciences
- either prepare for a Master Degree in one of the same fields to be concluded no later than two months before the start of the project or hold a Master Degree or equivalent
- for postdoc positions: hold or prepare for a PhD or Dr. rer. nat. in a related subject
- excellent grades
- a very good command of the English language
- strong scientific motivation
- interest in interdisciplinary research
1. Single Molecule Studies of Myosin Lipid Interactions (Prof. Claudia Veigel, Medical Faculty, LMU Munich) more...
2. Opto-Mechanics of Single Molecules (Prof. Matthias Rief, Department of Physics, TU Munich) more...
3. Developing Advanced Fluorescence Technologies for Investigating Protein-Ligand Interactions (Prof. Don Lamb, Chemistry Department, LMU Munich) more...
4. Computational project in Biological and Statistical Physics (Prof. Erwin Frey, Physics Department, LMU)
5. Theoretical Biophysics: Physical nonequilibrium as driving force for biochemical reactions (Prof. Ulrich Gerland, Physics Department, TU Munich)
1. Postdoc positions in cellular biophysics (Dr. Carsten Grashoff, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry)
2. Postdoc position biophysics/fluorescence microscopy (Prof. Petra Schwille, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry) more...