Application deadline for 2016 expired!
We are looking for highly motivated PhD students and postdocs who are interested in multidisciplinary research and want to join our collaborative network of nanoscientists. The 7 PhD positions and 3 postdoc positions offer excellent research conditions and multidisciplinary education within the stimulating scientific environment of the Center for NanoScience, the Nanosystems Initiative Munich (NIM), and the Collaborative Research Center SFB1032. You can join CeNS as a doctoral student or postdoc by applying for one of the positions listed below via our online application tool.
We are currently in the review process and kindly ask for all applicants' patience.
All candidates had to apply via our online application tool. Other forms of application were not accepted. Please note that incomplete applications and applications which had not been submitted by February 8, 2016 will not be considered.
Please refer to our guide to applicants for more detailed information.
Timeline for the application round 2016:
- February 8: Deadline for online applications and recommendation letters
- Please note the changed date - February 22 onwards: Skype interviews with selected candidates
- February 26 onwards: Invitation of selected candidates
- April 4: Interview workshop in Munich
- April 2016: Final decisions
- June-October 2016: Start of PhD or postdoc (depending on the individual projects)
In order to apply online, you had to register first. You will then be able to enter your applications details.
PhD and postdoc projects
In your application, you had to select one PhD or postdoc project that you are interested in. The available projects are listed below on this website.
Letters of recommendation
For your application, two letters of recommendation (to be submitted via the online application tool) are required. Recommendation letters and online applications had to be submitted by February 8, 2016!
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in either the field of physics, chemistry or life sciences
- prepare for a Master's degree in one of the above named fields to be completed no later than two months before the start of the project OR hold a master's degree or equivalent
- for postdoc positions: hold or prepare for a PhD or Dr. rer. nat. in a related subject
- excellent grades
- a very good command of the English language
- strong scientific motivation
- interest in interdisciplinary research
1. Motor proteins studied at the single molecule level (Prof. Claudia Veigel, Medical Faculty, LMU Munich) more...
2. Recreating the Origin of Life with Non-Equilibrium Chemistry (Prof. Dieter Braun, Department of Physics, LMU Munich) more...
3. Two positions in automated electrophysiology/patch clamp on cells and characterization of ion channels
(Nanion Technologies, Munich) more...
4. Two positions in Nano-Bionics with Single Molecules (Prof. Petra Schwille, MPI for Biochemistry) more...
5. Charge transport in organic semiconductors (Prof. Thomas Weitz, Physics Department LMU Munich) more...
6. Opto-Mechanics of Single Enzyme Molecules (Prof. Matthias Rief, Physics Department, TU Munich) more...
1. Postdoc positions in synthetic biology /protein engineering / biophysics more...
Prof. Hermann Gaub / Dr. Michael Nash, Physics Department, LMU Munich
2. Postdoc position biophysics/fluorescence microscopy more...
Prof. Petra Schwille, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried
3. Postdoc position "DNA-based Superlattices" more...
Prof. Tim Liedl, Physics Department, LMU Munich