The international program offers outstanding graduate students from all around the world doctoral positions in the area of NanoBioTechnology. Regular lectures and seminars as well as summer workshops and winter schools provide the students with an effective introduction to the interdisciplinary field of nanobiosciences. Early in the program, students have the opportunity to participate in international conferences and in exchange programs with other nanoscience centers. The lectures, workshops and seminars of the International Doctorate Program NanoBioTechnology and those of the Center for NanoScience are held in English.
The participants of the program take advantage of:
- Excellent research facilities
- English as working language
- Supervision by a thesis advisor and co-advisor
- Lectures, seminars and workshops in the field of Nanosciences and Nanobiosciences
- Retreats and international exchange programs
- Professional skills workshops
- German language course
- Participation in the stimulating network of nanoscientists at CeNS
Participants in the doctorate program have a thesis advisor as well as a second thesis advisor. In addition to the intensive support of the scientific advisors, CeNS offers additional support in diverse research fields through its interdisciplinary network and infrastructure. This includes well equipped laboratories at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU), the Technical University of Munich (TUM) and at the University of Augsburg. The graduate program is structured to encourage the students to be active through e.g. self organization of graduate student seminars, summer schools and workshops.